Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jaime Takes a Trip to Tova Town

I recently went Tova crazy! I have loved this shirt since I made my first one last February. It is the perfect fall shirt so as soon as the weather turned cold, I decided to whip up a couple more. The Tova pattern by Wiksten is a flattering, but loose fitting shirt with 3/4 length sleeves. It is an advanced beginner pattern - it will be easy for you if you have experience with gathering.


For my first Tova, I choose this beautiful, limited-edition Liberty of London print. This haberdashery print is very vintage-inspired and pairs perfectly with the Tova pattern. I decided I wanted a more demure look for this top, so I finished it with some sweet little black rose buttons. The result is a feminine top that makes me think of Jane Austen, so naturally I love it.


I took my new shirt out to the brand new Humble Pie Store to try some pie during our photo shoot. The results: cute and delicious!


My second Tova is made out of the new Denyse Schmidt Chicopee Corduroy prints. OMG, I love these corduroy's so much! They are a featherwale which means they have the tiniest wales to make the softest, most velvety corduroy. The fabric is fine enough for garment construction and did great even with all the gathering. The result is a cozy and warm Tova, perfect for crisp fall days. I love closures high on my neck so I added some snaps on the inside of the front placket to make the neckline. Result = perfect!



If you want to make this shirt, but are intimidated, we are offering it as a class this winter! Check out the deets here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work! I did manage to gather some stitches on the Sailor Top, and am looking forward to honing that skill on another project... I think I just found out what it will be.

mary mahoo said...

Love your Tova. I've got my muslin done, fabric ready and am looking for the time to sit down & put mine together!

Erin said...

Love this top! Are you selling this pattern at Fancy Tiger now?

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

Thanks guys!

Erin, we do sell the pattern as well as the Wiksten tank pattern. Both are awesome

Unknown said...

Do you happen to remember the name of the Liberty of London print? Thanks!