Monday, October 08, 2012

Amber's Cria Cardigan

I'm so happy with my new Cria cardigan! I just finished this knit from Ysolda's book, Little Red in the City. I made my Cria with one of my favorite yarns of all time, Imperial Stock Ranch Tracie in the lovely cool grey, Quail.


The Tracie acts quite a bit differently than the alpaca silk yarns called for in the pattern. Tracie's springy Columbia wool gave me a shorter row gauge and I ended up knitting several more rows per inch. I love the wooly fabric the yarn creates.


The garter stitch yoke is simply adorable and the construction of it will blow your mind. Ysolda uses ingenious short row neck shaping combined with simultaneous set-in sleeves. It's pretty dang awesome. I loved every mind-blowing minute of it.


I'm a big fan of all Ms. Teague's details--faux side seams, garter cuffs with buttons, gathered sleeves, teeny pockets. Each detail is well thought out and exciting to knit.


Now that fall is officially here my dear new cardigan will keep my cozy every day! Hooray!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

omg amber it looks so great!

Semi-Domesticated said...

I love it! I've never heard of doing faux side seams...that is definitely interesting. Looks great!

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

Thanks ladies!

Unknown said...

Thats lovely, I'm just casting on my own at the moment and I'm also out on the row gauge - its good to see that it works out doing extra rows.