Thursday, July 12, 2012

Amber & Emily and Their New Colette Iris Shorts!

Short shorts alert!

Emily and I just finished sewing up some new Iris shorts by Colette--they were so quick to make!

To be honest, I was a little nervous because this was the first time I have sewn a garment with legs, but I should have known that Colette would walk me through it and make it so easy!

I used a hemp/organic cotton ticking from Pickering and got a little crazy with the pockets, using a super adorbz little sewing notions print from Anna Griffin. I cut my Iris out with horizontal stripes, taking care to line up the stripes when I cut the pieces and sewed the seams. I love the way they turned out!

Emily's Iris shorts turned out fantastic! She used a hemp denim from Pickering and left out the pockets, so she could sew flat felled seams on the front. So cute!

Summertime, we're ready!


Anonymous said...

well, those shorts are darling; and with those stomachs and butts, they model very well too!

Christine said...

So cute!!! I never wear shorts but these are starting to tempt me :)

Jeanne Lois said...

adorable! Nice work ladies, your rumps look spectacular!

nicole eaton said...

great fabric choices for your Iris shorts :-) a denim pair are now on my must sew list!

sewcharleston said...

I love your shorts! Good job matching up those stripes! I also like the idea of leaving out the pockets. I've never done that kind of seam finish though. I'll have to learn! Do you know a good online tutorial?
Check out my iris shorts on my blog!