Friday, October 29, 2010

Amber's Fall Knitting Bonanza!

Our recent CSA harvest party was an evening filled with campfires, wine, delicious farm food and cool fall weather. The perfect opportunity to bring out the my newest handknits!

This sweet little plum shawl is the Damson, a Ysolda Teague pattern that practically flew off my needles as I was antsy to get it finished for my Iceland trip. I loved working with this self-striping indigo and magenta colorway--which is actually quite subdued as Zauberball goes!


The scalloped lace bind-off was a treat at the end!


Joelle Hoverson's new book, More Last Minute Knitted Gifts is just as adorable as her previous books. I couldn't get my mind off of a certain pattern, the Easy Baby Cardigan--which unfortunately is an infant pattern. Here is my "me-sized" take on it. I knit it up in Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky and it is insanely warm and cozy.



Eddie, my handsome husband, was recently the recipient of a handsome brown Daybreak. This rare item of gift knitting was knit in Malabrigo Sock striped with Zauberball Sock. It is a pattern which I could knit again and again.



And can you handle how awesome his reverse appliqued keyboard hoodie is? Emily whipped that up at a craft night recently.

Now I'm off to knit more shawls and cardigans and perhaps a hat or two...

2 comments:

jessica said...

love the fall knits you guys! i just finished a fall project with yarn bought at the Fancy Tiger, too!

Anonymous said...

I found you through Ysolda's blog, but I had to pop in and tell you I'm loving the daybreak. I have one in those EXACT same colors on the needles now, it's frankly boring the hell out of me. Seeing the finished product has provided a boost of motivation!