Thursday, April 22, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Christine Cunningham

Christine just finished her very first quilt and we love the way she put it together--it is like a cuddly, cozy rainbow. I especially love the Transformers and the faux tuxedo blocks!

Christine Cunningham


What kinds of crafts you do?
I make photocopies a lot, but I'm going to for a BA in Graphic Design at AIC. I mostly do digital crafts.

Tell us about the quilt you've made.
It's my first quilt. I didn't use a pattern, I just made squares and rectangles and sewed them together on my refurbished Brother sewing machine. The quilt is for my boyfriend. I bought fabric everywhere and finished it in about a week.

How did you learn to be so crafty?
I've been crafting as long as I can remember. My mom started me off doing cross stitch as a kid.

What is your favorite animal?
A raven. Thanks! Fancy Tiger, you guys are awesome!

Thanks Christine! You are super sweet!! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! When Christine came in with a design that she worked up in Illustrator I knew she meant business. Such a fabulous mix of old fabrics from T-shirts and her stash mixed with FT prints. Just love it, way to go Christine!!!
-Zach