Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Gina and Minerva

Gina and Minerva visited us in Fancy Tiger and brought along "Prudence", Minerva's new backpack/pillow/owl. So adorable! Minerva was pretty proud of her mom, Gina's handiwork. What cute ladies!

Gina and Minerva Penka


1) What makes you want to be crafty?
Sustainability and fun. I got most of a degree in apparel design a long time ago and I think making things is a healthy and exemplary way to spend time. I spin wool on my spinning wheel, knit, crochet, quilt, dye, whatever strikes my fancy.

2) Tell us about this adorable portable owl pillow.
This is Prudence, the owl pillow from the Henry and Prudence pattern by Valori Wells. I sewed it.


3) How did you learn to sew?
I leaned to sew when I was seven years old. I had an aunt who tried to teach me, then I taught myself, my own way. Every woman in my family before me sewed out of necessity...I love my grandma's quilts more than anything.

4) What is your favorite animal?
My 12 year old cat, Moz.

Thanks Gina and Minerva! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Aja said...

Very cool Gina, Minerva looks so happy with her cool new friend:)