Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Sheryl Lemon

Sheryl is an excellent knitter and a craft night regular. We are loving the felt bag she just finished. This wooly owl applique was her first needle felting project--nice job Sheryl!

Sheryl Lemon


1) What makes you want to be crafty?
I've been a knitter for 40 years, but now is the most exciting time to be knitting: new yarns, great needles, etc. This is my only creative outlet and we all need that.

2) Tell us about your felted bag.
This messenger bag just kept evolving: added stripes and needle felting embellishment. The strap was the biggest challenge.


3) How did you learn how to do what you do?
My mother taught me to knit as a little girl and she still has the first out-of-shape scarf I ever made her! Hey, I still make scarves.

4) What is your favorite animal?
I'm pretty certain my spirit animal is an elk.

Thanks Sheryl! Happy knitting!

1 comment:

emily said...

oh my gosh i love it!!! it turned out awesome!