Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Lizbeth Barnett

We first knew Lizbeth from her awesome crewel work, but lately she has been sewing like mad. She is a prolific crafter--the kind of lady who buys a new sewing pattern and comes into the store a few days later wearing a super cute new skirt. And, boy howdy, this is a cute one!

Lizbeth Barnett


1) Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a music teacher by trade, crafter for fun and general bonvivant. I was told my hands should never be idle, so I sew and crewel and sew old t-shirts together.

2) Tell us about the your lovely skirt.
My skirt was made from the Anna Maria Horner Study Hall Skirt pattern using Jane Sasseman's Prairie Gothic and Sanae's Arcadia fabrics. Props to Jaime for helping me coordinate!

3) How did you learn to sew?
My mother taught me to sew, bless her heart. She's a very patient woman. After taking a two decade hiatus I started sewing again because of the darling fabrics and patterns here at the store. I came for the crewel and stayed for the sewing!

4) What is your favorite animal?
My favorite animal that I know is my cat, Little Kitty. I've always found giraffes pretty cool, too, though.

Thanks Lizbeth! Happy crafting!

No comments: