Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Julia Slejko

Julia is a crafting wonder woman! She does it all--knitting, sewing, quilting--and with super cute results.

Julia Slejko


1) What makes you want to be crafty?
I am working on a PhD, so knitting and sewing helps me get creative for my dissertation! I love knitting, sewing bags and am just starting to quilt.


2) Tell us about all your cute projects.
Knit Twinkle Pilot Hat and Flying Gloves. Using Twinkle yarn is the trick!

Taxi Tote
bag by Anna Maria Horner with Echino fabric

Lotta Jansdotter yoga bag with Kokka fabric


3) How did you learn how to do what you do?
My grandmother taught me everything I know! Continental-style knitting, crochet, sewing, even some pattern making. She just turned 88 on the 11th. Originally from Italy, she was a seamstress, pattern maker, and is amazingly talented. Now she supervises!


4) What is your favorite animal?
Monkeys

Thanks Julia! Happy crafting!

No comments: